Thursday, June 25, 2009

S'mores anyone?

My mom was in town last weekend for a few days. She came up to go camping with some friends. She had called me about a week earlier to let me know she was coming and insisted that we join her to roast marshmallows. Being the outdoor lovers that we are, we were excited to sit out by the campfire (and to see my mom, of course). I told her that we would bring chocolate and graham crackers because if we were doing marshmallows that the kids would definitely want s'mores.

So, we packed up our lawnchairs and goodies and off we went. The weather was beautiful, making me anxious for our own upcoming camping trip. Just being in a campground gets me feeling all "one with nature," you know?

After they finished eating and the kids finished wading in the river bank, my mom breaks out the marshmallows. I have never seen anything like it in my life. Yea, they're just marshmallows, but check it out . . . . .


Looks like a mini marshmallow and the jumbo ones, right? Nope. It's a jumbo marshmallow (on the left) and the ones my mom brought (on the right). They were H-U-G-E.

Here's another photo to give you an idea just how big:

Mallory couldn't even eat her s'more because her mouth was too small!

No comments:

Post a Comment