Tuesday, April 7, 2009

We got them all!


Our smashed penny collection has almost doubled!  Last Friday we were able to collect ALL of the pennies at the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago.  And we found out that there were actually 29 different designs there rather than 28.  The collector's book had a unique penny on the front of it that wasn't anywhere else in the museum.  The shiny copper pennies look awesome compared to the ones we were using when we first started our collection.  (It makes me wish we could go back and start over!)  I'd like to upload a photo slideshow, so that I can share many of our pictures from the trip.  We'll see if I can figure that out soon!  

Our trip took all day.  We left at 7 am and didn't get home until midnight. After the museum closed, we drove over to Boling Brook for a leisurely stroll through IKEA.  Note to self: next time no kids and come with a list! The place is just as big as everyone says it is, and BOY! did I get some good ideas for organizing our home.  I love this kitchen!  
  


I would love to demolish our current kitchen and have one of these. But, as spaghetti would go, then I would have to pull up the carpet (to expose the beautiful oak floors underneath), re-do the bathroom (complete with heated floor tile), build a deck , re-side the exterior, build a new garage (3 car, of course). . . you see, it just never stops!

We have decided that Chicago is WAY too close to not go back sometime soon and take in some of the other attractions there. The kids had a great time, and so did we.

No comments:

Post a Comment