Friday, April 24, 2009

More on Waffles and Spaghetti . . .

So, after I started this blog, I decided that it would be good to actually read the Waffles and Spaghetti book, you know, so I know what I am talking about! It has turned out to be a pretty good book. Of course, I’m not finished yet (because who really has time to read?), but the things I have learned so far are right on. Here is my favorite quote so far: “A woman has the last word in any argument. Anything a man says after that is the beginning of a new argument.” **LOVE IT!** It has taken us nearly 18 years of knowing each other, but the Waffle and I have finally reached the point where we don’t argue anymore. We’re much better at communicating now than we ever were in the past. Yes, we still disagree, and we’re not afraid to tell each other that we disagree. It’s just much more calm now. And, more importantly, we’re not always trying to get the other to agree with us. We have come to the understanding (should I say “I” instead of “we”???) that just because our spouse doesn’t agree with us, that doesn’t mean he/she is wrong! Ahhhh . . . maturity.
So, as we approach our 12th anniversary, I am happy to say that our marriage is AWESOME and that we are happier now than we were when we started out. There are many reasons for this, but here are just a few . . . Sending me flowers for no reason . . . Knowing that it’s best to let me sleep a little longer on Saturdays . . . Buying me a book instead of chocolate . . . Helping me with my goals to live a healthier lifestyle . . . Being a great Dad . . . Cooking breakfast for the kids every morning . . . Overcoming our weaknesses together . . . I could go on, but this blog needs to end. So, you probably won’t be surprised when I tell you that I am absolutely 100% looking forward to spending the rest of my life with him. Even if it means I have to learn how to understand Waffles. After all, he is pretty good at understanding Spaghetti.

No comments:

Post a Comment