Saturday, March 13, 2010

Christmas Break Fun

I fell off the blogging wagon a couple months ago, and I'd like to do a little catch up.  Will you let me?  You will?!?!  That's great!  Hang on - here we go!

Over Christmas break, I took the whole two weeks off with the kids.  It was a-w-e-s-o-m-e!!!!  I hope I will be able to do it again in the future.  Next time I will probably do a little more event planning to keep us busy. 
This year, after playing in the snow for a couple of days, I took the kids swimming one afternoon and then we all went skating one evening.  

Hayden, our little Fish.  
(Actually, he's now a "Flying Fish" at the Y!)

The lifeguard at the Y was going to make me get in the pool with the kids (specifically Mallory, 
since she is not 9 years old).  "Well, that's a problem," I said.  "Because I didn't bring my suit!"
She had mercy on us and let the kids swim anyway.  Whew!



Skating was fun for all. It has been years since I've been on roller skates.  Hayden had recently been to a birthday party at the skating rink, but it was Mallory's first time ever!  They both did great!

Hayden had a play day with his friend Jake.  We also went to the movies and had game night with our friends, the Brewers. 
Here are the girls at the theater ~ such sweetness!

Mallory had a chance to hold Baby Molly, the Brewers' newest grandchild!

Then later that evening, the girls made cookies, YUM!

We celebrated New Year's with some other friends, the Craigs.  
This is Mallory with Grace on New Year's Eve.  

Hayden and Brett are teaching Doug, Jake, Fred and Ted how to play Settlers of Catan, a new 
game Hayden got for Christmas.  We love this game!  It's tons of fun!

All in all, it was a great break.  The kids (especially Hayden) were really ready to go back to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment