Saturday, March 13, 2010

Chocolate!

It has been a little more than nine years.  I know this because we brought Hayden home from the hospital before we were done the last time.  Done doing what, you ask?  Done remodeling the bathroom the first time, that's what!  Last time we gutted it.  New studs, new floors, new fixtures, everything.  This time, it was just the surface stuff: paint, shower curtain, window covering, rugs.  But, boy, it sure does look different!  Check out the slideshow, then I'll tell you about the title . . .



Now that you've seen all the "pretty," I'll tell you why it's called "Chocolate." We bought the shower curtain first. After doing so, we had to go paint shopping. You know how it is, you pick up swatches, try to match them, take them home to check them in the proper light. Eventually you buy paint. When we got started, the beige color wasn't all that exciting. I kept hoping that I would like it when we were done, but I was having my doubts. And so was Brett. Especially after we cracked open the second gallon of paint. He was completely convinced it was going to be too dark. Then Mallory saw the paint. The first words out of her mouth were, "It looks like melted chocolate!"

So, now, whenever she's in the bathroom, she says, "Mmmmmm, Chocolate!"

No comments:

Post a Comment