Monday, May 25, 2009

It's true - Guys just like to blow things up!

Testosterone is an interesting hormone.  It reduces inhibitions, makes guys more muscular, more agressive and more hairy, among other things.  One thing I have noticed over time is that the Waffle is different when he's around a group of guys than he is when he is with me.  This may sound silly to some (or, rather, OBVIOUS), but you have to remember that I didn't grow up with a brother in the house full time.  So, I wasn't exposed to testosterone in it's magnitude on a full time basis.  

To my surprise, the Waffle is pretty good at keeping a lid on it most of the time.  There is this thing about blowing stuff up, though.  Firearms, explosives, water bombs, you name it, guys love it.  One of the Waffle's favorite shows is "Mythbusters."  If you haven't had the pleasure of seeing it, or even hearing about it, know this one thing:  they blow something up on almost every single episode.  

Imagine my surprise, when last Saturday morning, I opened the freezer to find this:



And, then, this . . .

(In case you can't tell, that's a Mt. Dew can!)

In all honesty, it wasn't as much about blowing things up as it was about being forgetful!  Yes, my version of the Waffle is starting to forget things more often than either of us would like to admit!

No comments:

Post a Comment