Friday, May 22, 2009

Snakes and Penguins and Butterflies. Oh MY!

Yesterday I was a chaperone for Mallory's class trip to the Indianapolis Zoo. I went last year with Hayden's class (and, as it would turn out, his class went again this year!) Anyway, we had a very good time, though it was quite hot. Not that I'm complaining. I really do love summer. My "group" was Mallory and Onna. Yep! That's it. There were so many parent chaperones that our groups only had 2 or 3 children each, which was really nice. The girls got along great, went through the zoo at an enjoyable pace and didn't give me any problems at all! I took lots of pictures, but most of them are of animals, so I won't upload them here. Just a few of Mallory and Onna enjoying the animals. Our time at the zoo was very limited (2 and 1/2 hours!). So, we didn't actually get to see the lions, and the tigers must have been sleeping in the shade because we didn't see them, either. We did see some bears, but I thought my title was cuter! The heat wore Mallory out and she slept on my lap all the way home on the bus. My baby is so sweet!
Mallory and Onna ready to start their day!

Goofy girls . . .

A sssssssssssssssssssilly pose . . .

They were looking at the "sea floor" and telling me that this was Patrick, and this was Squidward, but there was no Sponge Bob! Hilarious!!
The girls were able to tell me what type of penguin this was. (I, of course, do not remember, but I'm glad they learned something from Mrs. Cahill's unit on penguins!)

No comments:

Post a Comment